Kidnapping: Protesters Block Akure–Benin
Written by News Desk on February 21, 2026
Residents of Eleyeowo,Ilu Abo community, Akure have taken to the street to protest against the spate of kidnappings in Ondo State.
The protesters blocked the Akure–Benin highway over the abduction of two persons and shooting of another person.
Barricading the ever-busy highway, the protesters decried the worsening security situation in the area.
Motorists and commuters were left stranded for hours during the protest as the people insisted on blocking the road until the government addresses their concerns.
The protesters complained that security operatives were not adequately equipped toeffectively tackle the menace.
The protesters called on Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa to urgently intervene and visit the community to assess the situation .
Reacting, Ondo State Police Command,PPRO, Mr Abayomi Jimoh ,said a tactical team had been deployed to the scene of the protest.

He said efforts were ongoing to rescue the victims and bring perpetrators to book.
PPRO Jimoh enjoined the good people of Iluabo and Ondo state to refrain from blocking roads as measures were being put in place to ensure that security was guaranteed.